Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Walk to the Bend

I'm not saying I'm running out of things to photograph, but it sure does feel like it during these dulled-down corona days.

There was a time when I walked the two miles (and back) to Bend in the Road Beach almost every day. It's been awhile. I'd like to get back to this habit. The good news is I'm getting a handle on the Lumix's macro capabilities (hint: MF).


lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
A path less traveled.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Above -the Infinite Spider (lichen)
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
I'm loving the bokeh on the Lumix.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Shipwreck
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Waiting for dinner to be delivered.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
There is almost always a red-winged blackbird in this tree on the edge of Trapp's Pond. He is usually heard before he is seen.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Trapp's Pond, with Cow Bay beach houses  beyond.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Above: another variety of the 17,000 species of lichen.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Above, last year's Indian Pipe.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road
Below: these tiny wildflowers on the side of the bike path were a sweet surprise. I should know their name, but I do not, nor could I find it anywhere.
lumix, macro, walk, bend in the road

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images - thanks for sharing - and keep walking! It's really the best thing we can do for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are lots of walkers out there these days. Gotta keep moving. All the best to you, Karen.

      Delete