Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Akiwowo, 4-part

If you find one of me scary, this ought to terrify you - it kind of scares me. This is Akiwowo, the four-part corona-virus-stuck-at-home-alone-learning-new-stuff version. I've spent the better part of three days on this - totally engrossed to the point of forgetting to eat, and even forgetting more than once that 5:00 had come and gone without even thinking about my first beer. The lighting, the camera settings - testing, testing - back and forth between studio and computer; working out the music and the multiple takes on each thing; taking the video editing app to places I had never been before; editing the clips, syncing the clips (and even still, parts of it are not 100%), arranging the clips. It made sitting in my bedroom (in the same upstairs of this same house) as a teenager with my little reel-to-reel and spending hours figuring out how to record myself singing, then playing it back and with a second recorder recording myself singing harmony to the first recording seem very easy in retrospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment