Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Friday, April 17, 2020

Learning Curves and Empty Days

I had some fun today recording this song and learning how to make a split screen video, which involved hours of focus. These empty days with no set schedule are certainly conducive to getting lost in projects that on any normal day would seem like a total indulgence. Something tells me that even though our lives have been totally disrupted - socially, financially, and in many other ways - on some level we should be savoring this time: days of total quiet, sleeping late, freedom to wander hither and yon; working parents who craved more time at home with their children
suddenly have their wish come true. In some ways, we've been thrust back to the 1950s when families spent time together. I'm not sure how anybody is going to want to get up in the morning and leave home after this thing all plays out.

Anyway, Akiwowo was fun, and just like that, it's 5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment