Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Saturday, August 28, 2021

DaQuan and His Drum

So one day I'm out on the porch and I see a young man walking by with a Remo drum slung over his shoulder (a two dollar drum from the thrift shop, I would learn), so I call out to him, Hey, bring that drum right up here and let's play some music (my big bass Remo was still on the porch, left over from my morning music session with the children), so he did, and we did. DaQuan Rashad Sugar is his name (his real last name is Sugar - don't you love it?) and we had some fun, including a little metal tongue drum/bass drum improv. I love my porch. "Be like a Piazza - open, welcoming, and engaged with the world." (Sister Angela Merici)
DaQuan, drumming, porch music
DaQuan, drumming, porch music
DaQuan, drumming, porch music

No comments:

Post a Comment