Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Monday, August 30, 2021

A Little Night Fishing

I caught up with a couple of family members and a friend fishing for bait at Anthier's last evening (real fishermen catch their own bait). And, happy to say, the 50mm f/1.2 did a great job of turning night into day.

 

night fishing, anthier's, clinton
night fishing, anthier's, clinton
Boots and a hand-painted sword - essentials in any good fisherman's list of gear. 

night fishing, anthier's, clinton
night fishing, anthier's, clinton
Taking in the delights of the first cast, which included a mullet or two. 

night fishing, anthier's, clinton
night fishing, anthier's, clinton
Clinton, a fisher by name and by trade.

night fishing, anthier's, clinton
And the circle comes 'round again. I also have a photo of Clinton's grandfather Sandy fishing for quahaugs in this same spot (found it, see below - taken in July 2007 when Mr. Fisher was 91 years old). 
night fishing, anthier's, clinton, sandy fisher, bait fishing
night fishing, anthier's
The final result: a handsome bass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment