Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Saturday, October 9, 2021

A Bike and a Hike and a Visit with the Woods Creatures

What was supposed to have been a 15 minute bike ride to do an errand turned into a nearly two hour excursion that included an extended bike ride out of town and a hike through the woods. My only intention had been to get a little exercise and do a little scouting for my next vlog project, but of course the little G7 had to come out of my pocket; I just couldn't help myself. There's something about the deadwood in the forest - the shapes, the textures, and the markings - that intrigue me. They remind me of whales and animals and prehistoric creatures. I always find myself drawn to these woodland beings. There were many fungi as well. All sizes and all colors. I guess it's just not possible for me to simply take a walk without turning it into a multimedia production.

No comments:

Post a Comment