Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bring on the New



For you out-of-towners, or to refresh the memories of some of us in-towners, this is the former Old Colony Motors building, on the corner of West Tisbury and Pinehurst Roads (two blocks west from Main Street), the site of what will be the new home for Edgartown Hardware, beginning in January. I predict that John and Pat will do a fabulous job with the new store - look at all that space (and good news for Jon Polleys, who will basically be able to roll out of bed and be at work). 
Good luck and best wishes.



1 comment: