Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Capt. Porky



Capt. Porky aboard his White Water
It turned out to be my lucky night. I had a free hour between my afternoon swim and my evening babysitting gig, so I took a walk into town, down to the finger piers, where I found a couple of boats, in after a good day's fishing with catches that included bluefish and sea bass. After greeting the wharfinger, and the fishermen, and taking in the sounds and sights of the busy August harbor, as I turned toward home I heard Porky call out, "Sara, want some bluefish?" Absolutely, I did. That answered part of tonight's dinner question - now, what to do about a lemon (with no time to get to the store)? And a vegetable (ditto)?
Good news - younger son stopped by with a lemon; d-i-l brought a bag of Brussels sprouts (my favorite vegetable) when she dropped off the babe.
I love it when things work out like that - and they often do.

No comments:

Post a Comment