Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Monday, December 27, 2021

Snow Day

Just as I was hunkering down to spend a delicious day at home, I looked out the window and saw that it was snowing, so of course I had to grab a camera and get out there. But why am I out traipsing through town on Christmas Eve Day when I have so much to do at home? I'm still finding my way in the vlogging world - so much to learn - and loving it all. I have had zero training or experience shooting videos, only what I have absorbed by osmosis from growing up with TV and film, plus fifty years' worth of photography experience. Basically, I'm out there talking to myself and taking pictures. That pretty much describes my life so I may as well document it. "A little chit-chat, some scenery, and a few photos at the end." Shot entirely with the Canon G7 mk II.

The images you see here, and many more, may be seen and/or purchased in my gallery in Edgartown. Stop by for prints, cards, books, calendars, as well as the odd story, song, or fiddle tune. Please contact me for hours and directions. My 2022 calendar, "Sara's Vineyard," is in and is available by mail order or for local pick-up from my gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment