Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Wasn't That a Mighty Storm

A cursory glance at the aftermath of Sunday's storm which amounted mostly to lots of wind, rain, sleet, and slush, along with some power outages, including, as usual, the "Katama Line" (crosses Main Street at Pease's Point Way and runs between Plantingfield and Katama). I was unaffected on Main Street, but I had my hurricane lanterns on stand-by, just in case. The wind is still howling today, Monday, and is starting to push the clouds on out of here. I saw some bright sky this afternoon in the northwest, including a few blue patches - the sun was even out for a while - so by tomorrow we'll probably be clear. I know Boston and NYC got hit hard with a ton of snow, which made for some interesting holiday weekend traveling. Luckily I had no place to go these two days, so I made the best of a couple of cozy days at home.


Edgartown News




Edgartown News




Edgartown News




Edgartown News




Edgartown News

No comments:

Post a Comment