Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Surf Report

Surf Report from Sara Piazza on Vimeo.

Video shot at South Beach, "right fork."

The weatherman called for a rainy weekend, but, as I tell my off-island friends, "Never believe the weather forecast for the island - it's always wrong." Indeed, we seem to be in an alternate universe, weather-wise (as well as in many other ways), as today there's not a cloud in the sky (hmmm...perhaps the bride I will be photographing later today remembered to put her rosary beads out on the porch last night - I've seen this old trick work many times). There's a bit of fog out at the beach, but that will soon burn off, as usual.

It seems that the recent low-pressure activity has kicked up a bit of a swell, albeit - by this morning, anyway - quite wind-blown.

I think there may be some activity up-island, at least that's what I'm hoping for for tomorrow afternoon - the first opportunity I'll have to get into some waves.

PS - so much for the so-called wind-filter on the G12.

No comments:

Post a Comment