Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels



honeysuckle



Do you smell the honeysuckle? My yard is presently filled with its fragrance - a full, pungent aroma that triggers memories of every Edgartown summer of my life, especially those carefree childhood Junes when the world was ours and we had all the time in the world; the time and the patience to gingerly pull the little round nubbin off the end of the blossom and slowly pull the long stamen through the shaft until the tiny bead of nectar appeared; a droplet of delicate sweetness.



honeysuckle



honeysuckle



honeysuckle

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sara,
    When I was a child I was not so gentle with honeysuckle. I just pulled the flower off and suched on it. It was wonderful and a wonderful memory.
    Thanks so much for reminding me of a beautiful childhood memory.

    ReplyDelete