Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yours Truly on Ann Bassett's Vineyard View

Our own Ann Bassett (Ann has lived in West Tisbury for years, but she will always be ours - your homeys are so proud of you, Ann!) has a wonderful program on MVTV called The Vineyard View on which she interviews islanders from all walks of life and areas of interest. Ann taped a conversation with Yours Truly this past summer, the link to which you will find below.

I greatly admire Ann's work - she has definitely found her niche - do you know, all she did was have the idea, which she took to MVTV, and they taught her how to make the program? - and I am honored that she found me a worthy subject (and it didn't turn out half as dreadful as I thought it would, due in large part to Ann's superb production and editing skills).

This show will also air again on MVTV, whose schedule you will find here, or you may call Laura at 508-696-9760.

In my conversation with Ann I talk (and talk and talk - I've seen her show, doesn't she usually talk more?) about Edgartown in the 1950s, my mother, my religious journey, and end with a song.

To view my interview with Ann Basset, go to: The Vineyard View, which link will take you to MVTV's Video on Demand page. Once the page opens, simply type my name into the search box.

No comments:

Post a Comment