Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Sunday at the Beach, Co-what?

We've enjoyed a fairly long string of hot and steamy Vineyard summer days (following a freezing cold and wet spring that made it seem that summer would never arrive), and my lack of schedule has facilitated being able to bike up to the beach almost every day. My routine for the past ten or more years has been to work hard all day, getting as dirty as possible with some yard or house project, then hop on my bike and ride 1 3/4 miles to Bend in the Road, swim 1/4 mile, walk back to my bike while lollygagging with people I might know (or not) along the way, and hop back on my bike and ride home for shower and evening refreshments and fiddle on the porch. Today, one of the hottest of these days, and being a Sunday, the beach was packed. I didn't see too many familiar faces, but everyone sure seemed happy to be on the Vineyard and at the beach.


Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

Bend in the Road, Sunday in July, covid

No comments:

Post a Comment