Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Michael

Ten or more years ago, Michael Grasing painted my Main Street house, and did a fine job of it, too. I'd been thinking of Mike and wishing I could get him back to do the job again but had not seen him in a long time. Then, about a month ago, I happened upon his son in a local shop and had the opportunity to inquire about Mike - about his well-being and where-abouts - at which time Gabe informed me that his Dad was in Costa Rica, had been there for the past ten years, and was doing well. Before parting, I tossed out a casual, "Well, please tell your father that if he ever comes back to the island, my house needs to be painted again." The next week I got a call from Costa Rica.

Yep, Mike's back, guitar and all. Stay tuned for a bright and shiny house; by spring, you'll need sunglasses in order to drive past 117 Upper Main.


Michael Grasing


Michael Grasing


No comments:

Post a Comment