Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kite-boarding on Anthier's

Felix Baumgartner's scheduled twenty-mile-high leap to Earth from the edge of our stratosphere today was cancelled due to high winds at the Roswell, New Mexico launch site, but our own Anthier's Pond was filled with leaping, soaring, and flying kite-boarders this afternoon, all enjoying the high winds of a passing No'theaster, and what a grand sight it was.

This old surfer - tired of waiting for waves, not being able to get into Squibby until after 5pm, along with increasingly more frequent shark reports - has fantasies about giving kite surfing a go. I did see a girl out there today, so maybe it's not that crazy an idea. Okay, so she was probably not a grandmother. I can dream, though, right?

(full set, here)


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


kite surfing, Anthier's, Sengekontacket


No comments:

Post a Comment