Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Friday, November 18, 2011

From My Window

Some days, I don't have to travel far to find something to blog about.

This tree, in John and Pat Hayes' Main Street front yard, two doors down from me, had been ailing for some time. Pat told me back in August that the town was going to remove it, so I grabbed a quick shot of it while it was still standing - just to have the memory of what it has looked like for years and years, and you'll have to admit, it's a classic look. I took this photo in August, but the bare branches seemed to indicate that we were in the middle of winter. So yes, it was time to get the axe.



John and Pat Hayes, Edgartown elm tree



Earlier this week, Bob Hagerty and his crew spent a couple of days dismantling the old elm.



John and Pat Hayes, Edgartown elm tree



John and Pat Hayes, Edgartown elm tree


I love the new view from my bathroom window. The sky above and around the town clock has opened up dramatically, and I don't have to duck and bob and weave to see what time it is anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment