Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Oatmeal Season

View from the Reading Room
I basically eat two things for breakfast: either yogurt with fruit, dried cranberries, and nuts in the summer, or oatmeal with fruit, dried cranberries, and nuts in the winter. These are easy, nutritious, and not as boring as it sounds since I vary the fruit among some combination of bananas, apples, peaches, pineapple, pears, blueberries - whatever is in season - as well as the nuts - either walnuts, almonds, or pecans. Today was the first official day of oatmeal season at my house. It was warm and sweet and stuck to my ribs - a perfect beginning for a cool, blustery, and moody Sunday.


Herring Creek Farm
Dunes, South Beach
October Sky




No comments:

Post a Comment