Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Dusting

When did snow become uncool? Even the weather guys on TV report snow in disparaging terms. I love it. It's pretty, it changes the scenery, it's fun to play in, and if we get enough of it we get a holiday. My mother wrote a little ditty about snow that I quote often: "If you don't feel a thrill at the sign that it's snowing, don't look now, your years are growing." This versicle is as much about losing one's childhood spirit, I think, as it is about advancing chronological years.

Every day I vow to allow enough time on my way to morning Mass to take a few pictures along the way, but most mornings I find myself racing out the door at 7:48 and barely even making it to the parish center by 8:00. Today's new dusting inspired me to get out early.


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown


snow, Edgartown

No comments:

Post a Comment