Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Vincent House, Bedecked



Vincent House, Edgartown


The late afternoon light shining on the Vincent House enticed me to veer off of my straight path home the other evening - this light offering a break from the persistent gray of recent days - and my meanderings placed me smack in the middle of the fully-blooming fruit tree grove that surrounds Edgartown's oldest house. My stopover at this fairy-tale scene was made more precious by the knowledge that these blossoms - surely at their peak on this evening - will be fading fast. Stay tuned for confetti.


Vincent House, Edgartown




Vincent House, Edgartown



Vincent House, Edgartown



Vincent House, Edgartown



Vincent House, Edgartown



Vincent House, Edgartown

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I too stopped by the Vincent house a few days ago.It was just too good to pass by.
    Now, you have captured it for eternity.
    Thank you!
    Allouise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - an eternity. That's a really long time!

    ReplyDelete