Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Edgartown's Newest Resident



Ethan Silas Thibodeau



Ethan Silas Thibodeau was born on February 3 at our hospital to Jonathan and Kara Thibodeau. Ethan weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces at birth and measured 23 inches.

Ethan is at home with his parents, on land that was farmed by Charles and Mary Shurtleff, his great-great-great-grandparents.

Ethan's maternal grandparents are Cathy and Paul Kasprak of Fryeburg, Maine, formerly of Vineyard Haven; his paternal grandparents are Yours Truly and the late Paul Thibodeau. Ethan's immediate family includes Uncles Aaron Kasprak and Adam Thibodeau, Aunts Maria Thibodeau and Rebekah Blu, and a 16-month old cousin, River.

Welcome, Ethan. We love you.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sara,
    Mazal tov, mazal tov!!!Congratulations on your newest addition to your family. May he always be a blessing to all of you.

    Enjoy!!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara--

    He is beautiful! Mazel tov to you and your famly.

    Love,

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous baby Sara-congratulations to you and the new parents. I hope they are getting some sleep once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all - he's a joy, and he even allows his parents to sleep occasionally, so I've been told.

    ReplyDelete