Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Simpson's Lane

Simpson's Lane
Simpson's Lane
Am I the only one in town who is of the opinion that this style of architecture is totally out of place in this neighborhood? How did this slip past Edgartown's watch guards?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have not seen that! Who goes down Simpson's lane??
    That is so inappropriate for the Vineyard, never mind the area.
    I must do a drive by today.
    Allouise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned that this is John Chirgwin's new
    house, designed by Dudley Canada, the same fellow who is renovating the old Shiretown Inn buildings on North Water Street.

    And no, the zoning board doesn't have control over style in that neighborhood - size and set-back, yes; style, no.

    The good news is, it will probably look a lot better after the dust settles and the siding fades. At least the place smells nice with all those cedar shingles.

    Different strokes for different folks, I guess - right here in Edgartown.

    ReplyDelete