Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Bicycle Browsings

Bicycling on the Island hasn't been this pleasant in many, many years, all due to the fact that we are still semi shut down around here and there's much less traffic than usual, so I've been taking advantage of the situation and getting out and about on my bike - with the Lumix, of course - at least once a day (I am also working on shedding some of my winter and lock-down poundage).



bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Twilight, finger piers and Edgartown Yacht Club
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Boat houses - vestiges of old Edgartown.
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Evening squid fishing off of Sandy Fisher's work barge.
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Okay - this was actually grabbed from a West Tisbury field on one of the rare times I've used my car (I think I've been on the same tank of gas for three months).
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Men at work on Sandy Fisher's work barge - some kind of winching/hoisting thing going on here, featuring Sandy and Tracy, with the ever-present Dennie J. looking on. 
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Former boat houses, converted into summer beach cottages while retaining the old Edgartown vibe. 
bicycle, edgartown, shut in, lumix
Albion. The best part of getting out and about via bicycle is connecting with people.  I found Albion fishing for squid off of the town wharf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment