Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday's Travels

The third sunny day in a row - we could get spoiled. In an effort to push myself a bit more, hoping to shed the winter pounds as well as the corona-blahs, I headed up to the Bend in the Road again, for the second time this week. It's about a four mile walk, round trip, and it even got quite warm on the sunny side of the road (the only way to stay away from cyclists who don't announce themselves, nor do they make an attempt to keep any distance, is to walk on the side of the road, facing traffic of course).




The shad bush is blooming - a sure sign that spring will continue to roll on through, world crisis or not, as well as an age-old announcement that the herring are running. 



No comments:

Post a Comment