Welcome. Edgartown News was born from the simple fact that I have ink and Dektol in my veins and I need to write and photograph more than I need air or food, and from my love for this little town where I grew up and raised my family, the town I have left a few times but can't quite shake for good. Here you will find the wanderings and musings, photographs and commentary; the people, places, and happenings - past and present - of a small island town: my home town.

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Paschal Moon 2020

I almost missed this due to the fact that I haven't used the R for awhile and could not figure out - for the life of me - how to switch from video mode to still mode. Plus I arrived later than I had intended - by the seat of my pants, basically. I should have left the house earlier. The story of my life. So there I am, moon rising, me on my phone doing a frantic search on EOS R modes. Got it in the nick of time, but not without a near-heart attack. I had been planning this for a few days and the conditions were perfect (they rarely are, here on the Island - usually the clouds roll in right around sunset) and this was important to me because it's the Passover moon.

This was a new location for me for moon-shooting, and the other problem was that with the 600mm lens I could almost not get far enough away to get the entire scene.

Once I got set up, though, I was happy with the the R's performance. I've been dedicating so much time to the Lumix lately that I've fallen behind on the R. Gotta get back to it.

Today was a good one, in spite of the ongoing corona circumstances - a full report tomorrow.


paschal moon, ocean park, oak bluffs, passover, full moon, pesach

paschal moon, ocean park, oak bluffs, passover, full moon, pesach
And, at the end, almost as an afterthought (sometimes I forget I'm even wearing it), from the Lumix. Will the real moon please stand up.


paschal moon, ocean park, oak bluffs, passover, full moon, pesach
My drive home on Beach Road. It could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment